of Agricultural Sciences was established through
an Act (No. 22) by the then Mysore government in
1963. Although the university came into existence
on August 21 1964, a journey into the broad-lands
of history reveals it to be a much older institution.
It would perhaps not be an exaggeration to say that
the university was conceived way back in 1899 in
the form of an experimental farm of 30 acres.
an agricultural school was established in 1913 and
the farm itself occupied 202 acres. In fact today
this very farm constitutes the Main Research Station
of the university. Such were the humble beginnings
that the university, as it stands today, is a tribute
to the visionaries who founded it and those who
nurtured it over the past several decades.